“In moments of despair, the journal remains an impassive, silent friend, forever ready to console, to confront, to contain, to cheer on. It’s potential as a tool for holistic mental health is unsurpassed.” –Kathleen Adams, Center of Journal Therapy
THE JOURNAL TO THE SELF® WORKSHOP
The Journal to the Self® workshop transforms the traditional diary into a genuine, unique method that offers cost-effective, holistic self-discovery and becomes an ongoing companion and guide. Nearly 100,000 people around the globe have learned this easy, effective, empowering model of reflective writing the Journal to the Self method, developed by Kay Adams, founder of the Center of Journal Therapy and leading theorist in the field of journal therapy. Kathleen Adams is one of the most prominent and established voices in the field of therapeutic writing, whose gift and life mission is sharing the power of writing with all who desire self-directed change.
The workshop is adaptable to nearly any population or special interest group and is taught by a network of Certified Instructors throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia and Pacifica. In the Journal to the Self® workshop, you will experience 18 different journal writing techniques:
- Captured Moments
- Character Sketch
- Dream Log
- Guided Imagery
- Inner Wisdom
- Lists of 100
- Stream of Consciousnesses
- Time Capsule
- Topics du Jour
- Unsent Letters
In this workshop, you can learn to:
- Safely release tension, frustration, anger and other strong emotions.
- Access your subconscious and unconscious minds and tap into the vast knowledge stored there.
- Keep a record for the future of how your life unfolds.
- Track cycles, patterns and trends in your life.
- Unlock the mysteries of your dreams.
- Experiment with creative writing.
- Outwit dreaded writer’s block and increase overall writing skills.
- Find support for your journaling from your peers.
- Write your own autobiography.
- Clarify goals.
- Increase time-management and organizational skills.
- Write spontaneously and with joy.
- Regard your journal as a trusted, valued friend.
Learning different ways to write in your journal adds color, perspective and dimension to your reflective writing. With the help of these journal tools, you can gently but powerfully explore the various aspects of yourself, your life and your relationships with others.
Workshop is offered in either a four or six-week format and can be adapted to for different applications and audiences. For more information or to request a speaking engagement for your group or organization, please contact the Certified Instructor, Rose Simon.